NEBOSH International General Certificate (IG)
NEBOSH is an organization providing health, safety, and environment (HSE) qualifications globally. It is highly respected by governments and employers and its qualifications are accepted all across the world. The NEBOSH International General Certificate is a globally respected qualification that will give you invaluable knowledge and it will also support your current role and your long-term career. This course also provides a valuable foundation for further professional study such as a NEBOSH diploma.
Who is the course for?
This qualification is relevant to every workplace and it is perfect for anyone who wishes to embark on a career in health and safety. It is also ideal for managers, supervisors, or anyone with HSE management responsibilities. This qualification is trusted by many organizations worldwide. This course is designed for all types of organizations. It is ideal for anyone who needs a broader understanding of health and safety which will enable them to manage the day to day risks at their workplace effectively.
Benefits for learners
The NEBOSH International General Certificate looks at everyday solutions for general health and safety issues at the workplace. Once you have achieved the qualification you will be able to:
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behavior
- Work within a health and safety management system
- Justify the need of Health and Safety improvements
- Advise on duties for health and safety in the workplace
- Carryout a general risk assessment using a 5-step approach of your workplace
- Take part in incident investigations
- Develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency systems and know when to use a permit-to-work system
- Help your employer check the effectiveness of their HSE management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
Additional benefits: Holders of the International General Certificate are entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is divided into 2 Units:
IGC 1 Management of International Health and Safety
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2 Practical Assessment
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity