The purpose of the Occupational Health Safety management system Auditor/Lead Auditor course is to equip delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills to conduct audits (first party, second party, and third-party) of Occupational Health and Safety management systems in accordance with ISO 45001, ISO 19011, and ISO 17021. The course is suitable for individuals seeking registration as an Auditor or Lead Auditor.
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System Concepts in compliance to the requirements of ISO45001:2018 standard
- Auditing Principles
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors
- Planning an audit
- Conducting an audit
- Reporting audit findings
- Corrective actions
Who Should Attend?
The following individuals are recommended to attend this course:
- Management Representatives, core group members, and process heads in charge of implementing, maintaining, and auditing the Occupational Health Safety management system.
- Employees whose job responsibilities have a direct impact on the OHSMS.
- Anyone who is responsible for performing first-party, second-party, or third-party audits.
- Management System Professionals and Consultants.
- Certification Bodies personnel.
- Students who want to learn and develop cross-functional skills for future challenging assignments.
- Those who want to pursue external auditing as a profession by becoming an independent auditor and a registered ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor.
The delegates of the course are expected to have a basic level of knowledge in
the following areas:
a) Understanding the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, the standards related to it, and the benefits of improving its performance.
b) Describing the structure and contents of ISO 45001.
c) Explaining the occupational health and safety management system requirements specified by ISO 45001.
This knowledge can be acquired by completing a certified OHSMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
- After completing the course, delegates should be able to explain the purpose of occupational health and safety management systems, the relevant standards, and the benefits of improved performance of such systems.
- Delegates will also be able to describe the role of an auditor in planning, conducting, reporting, and following up on occupational health and safety management system audits, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC17021.
- Furthermore, delegates will have the ability to plan, conduct, report, and follow-up on occupational health and safety management system audits to determine whether the system conforms with ISO 45001 and comply with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021.
The courses are conducted via virtual classrooms.
5 days/ 40 Hours
Methodology of Delivery
The course is delivered using the following methods:
a) Workshops and exercises that promote accelerated learning
b) Role-play, case studies, and group and individual discussions
c) Mock audits and presentation of findings
Upon completion of the course, there will be a two-hour examination. Successful delegates will receive a certificate of achievement. Delegates who attended the full course but did not pass the exam can retake the exam within 12 months of the course end-date.
The course is led by highly experienced Environmental Management Professionals from Crescosafe who have extensive experience in auditing and training.
Please send us your details. Team Cresco Safe will get back to you at the earliest!
If you would like to know more about the above-mentioned courses