This course aims to equip delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills to conduct first, second, and third-party audits of Energy Management Systems based on ISO 50001. The training is designed to comply with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 standards. It is also suitable for individuals seeking registration as an Auditor or Lead Auditor.
- Understand the purpose of an Energy Management System.
- Explain the contents and relationship between ISO 50001 and ISO 19011.
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 for the purpose of conducting an audit.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor in planning, conducting, reporting and follow-up of an Energy Management System audit, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where applicable.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an Energy Management System audit to determine conformity or non-conformity with ISO 50001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where applicable.
Who should attend?
Individuals responsible for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and auditing Energy Management Systems, such as Management Representatives, core group members, and process heads.
- Employees whose work responsibilities directly affect Energy Management Systems.
- Those who conduct first-party, second-party, or third-party audits of industries.
- Management system professionals and consultants.
- Personnel from certification bodies.
- Students who want to develop cross-functional skills for future assignments.
- Consultants or advisors for Energy Efficiency services or equipment.
- Energy professionals.
To attend this course, delegates are expected to have prior knowledge in the
following areas related to energy management principles and concepts:
- Access to a computer or laptop with a camera, speaker, and reliable internet connection.
- Familiarity with the PDCA cycle (The Plan, Do, Check, Act) and its
application in EnMS.
- Understanding the fundamental components of an energy management system, such as top management responsibility, procedures, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, risk assessment, measurement, correction, corrective action, review, and continual improvement.
- Knowledge of energy audit principles and methodologies.
- Awareness of important legal and regulatory requirements related to energy management at the national and local levels.
- Familiarity with the scope, terms, and definitions of energy management systems as outlined in the ISO 50001:2018 standards.
Under the successful completion of the course, the delegates should be able to:
1. Explain the purpose of energy management systems, energy management system standards, management system audits, third-party certification, and the business benefits of improving quality and energy management system performance.
2. Describe the role of an auditor in planning, conducting, reporting, and following up on an energy management system audit according to ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021.
3. Plan, conduct, report, and follow-up an energy management system audit to determine compliance with ISO 50001:2018 and comply with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021.
The course is conducted through a virtual classroom and workshop, and the necessary standards and requirements will be communicated via email.
Methodology of Delivery
The course is delivered using the following methods:
a) Workshops and exercises that promote accelerated learning
b) Role-play, case studies, and group and individual discussions
c) Mock audits and presentation of findings
Upon completion of the course, there will be a two-hour examination. Successful delegates will receive a certificate of achievement. Delegates who attended the full course but did not pass the exam can retake the exam within 12 months of the course end-date.
(40 Hours) In different formats as given below:
5 Days consecutively/ 2+3 Days/ 3+2 Days/ 1+2+2 Days/ 2+1+2 Days
The course is led by highly experienced Environmental Management Professionals from Crescosafe who have extensive experience in auditing and training.
Please send us your details. Team Cresco Safe will get back to you at the earliest!
If you would like to know more about the above-mentioned courses